July 9th LEEAG Summer Event:
- The competition will take place on July 9 (possibly adding July 10 if we get enough agencies), in Pickens County. The events are as follows:
- Firearms Competition – Takes place at Pickens County S.O. Range. Each youth would participate in 4 events : 2 gun competition, 50 yd rifle competition, GDAC qualification course, shoot/don’t shoot scenarios utilizing UTM’s. Awards will be given for 1st thru 3rd in each individual event, and 1st thru 3rd overall.
- Physical Agility Test – Takes place at Pickens County High School. Each youth would participate in an event that tests their endurance and physical strength. Awards will be given for 1st thru 3rd in the male and female categories.
- Drill and Ceremony – Takes place at Pickens County High School. Requires a minimum of 5 team members. The drill team would demonstrate their ability to perform basic movements and commands, along with flag folding. There will NOT be a graded uniform competition. We understand with the short notice, budget cuts, and the many businesses that are closed, it will be unfair to have a graded uniform competition. Your teams can compete in whatever uniform they currently have. Awards will be given for 1st thru 3rd .
- Each youth can compete in as many of the events as they want.
- The cost is $30 per youth. This will cover the ammunition, awards, and miscellaneous expenses.
For more information on this program, contact Lieutenant William Furman at 678-382-6920 or email@example.com.