2021 Firearms Competition!
This is for registration for the 2021 Firearms Competition. The cost is $35.00 per Explorer/Cadet. In the "quantity" please input the amount of total number of Explorers/Cadets from your post that will be attending in order to calculate the correct price.
The date of the event is June 16th 2021.
The youth will compete in 4 different events:
- 2 gun competition – This will be a combination of pistol and rifle set on a small obstacle style course.
- Rifle – This will be a score target at 50 yards with a standard M4 style rifle
- Pistol – This will be a scored target on the standard Georgia GDAC course
- Shoot/Don’t Shoot – This is a timed and scored event conducted with UTM munitions within a shoot house. Youth will have to make timely and accurate decisions on when deadly force applies.
Each agency will need to turn in the signed Training Certification. For agencies that aren’t able to achieve the required training, please see below:
The location for this event is the Pickens County Sheriff’s Department firearms complex located at : 1352 Jones Mountain Rd. Talking Rock, GA 30175
We will be offering a 1 day training class for the agencies that don’t have the resources to provide their youth the required firearms training. This will be on Tuesday, June 15, 2021 from 8am until 4pm. This will be held at the Pickens County Sheriff’s Department firearms complex.
There is no fee, but each youth will be required to provide 100 rounds of 9mm ammunition for this class. That ammunition must be factory load, FMJ, brass casing. The weight does not matter.
- NO HOLLOW POINT AMMUNTION
- NO RELOADED AMMUNITION